Adminstrator with the CHEESE Project
Here at the CHEESE Project CIC we have big ambitions, and our primary purpose is helping our customers to keep warm, save money and to save the planet. We pride ourselves on offering a unique thermal imaging service, enabling householders to make cost effective changes to their homes, in turn reducing their energy costs and making their homes feel more comfortable.
The success of the CHEESE Project is down to its people, and we are looking for a talented person to join our growing team. You’ll be working in a supportive environment where we encourage our staff to develop alongside the business.
In return, we are looking for an experienced, well organised administrator with a passion for making a difference to people’s lives. While working closely with the business manager, the successful candidate will be working independently as well as part of our wider team of surveyors and trainers. Working hours are 15 or 16hp/w, depending on the needs of the candidate. The role requires a mix of remote working and being based at the Future Leap Hub in Gloucester Road, mostly on Mondays.
Job Title / Position: Part-Time Administrator
Contract: part-time contract, 15h a week until June 2023 (with opportunity for extension)
*Please note it may require working on some evenings and weekends.
Salary: £24k Pro rata
Reporting to: CHEESE Business Manager
Your Role – Administrator
Microsoft Word – CHEESE Administrator JD October 2022
The administrator is a pivotal role in the commercial success of the core business of First Thermal Limited delivered by CHEESE. This key position offers the successful applicant the opportunity to make a major contribution to tackling the climate emergency, while also assisting those in fuel poverty. The post involves a degree of management, under supervision, and requires experience/expertise in business development, client management, HR, and finance: including budgets, payroll, VAT, NIC, and pension contributions. Prospective candidates should be able to handle multi-tasking in a pressured environment.
- Work closely with the CHEESE Business Manager
- Attend minute meetings
- Assist with costings, budget tracking, and managment
- Assist with bids for grants and reports to other funders
- Assist with adherence to GDPR and other legal requirements
- Assist with publicity, marketing and events to obtain customers
- Act as a contact point for/seek out NGOs, Housing Associations, climate action groups, etc. interested in joining First Thermal Ltd delivered by CHEESE
- Liaise with the FLT delivered by CHEESE Business Manager in finding clients and conduct Heatview sruveys
- Liaise with the franchine anchor-organisation members to recruit paying customers and deliver free surveys
- Assist in the ongoing development of the new franchisor company
- Assist in the recruitment of Heatview Surveyors, liaising with FTL to book them onto training
- Help to develop and maintain relationships with other energy housing-related NGOs
- Run payroll, send pay slips to team
- Make HMRC payments
- Upleep and file pension filings via NEST
- VAT returrn (if applicable)
- Track/find specific payments
- Edit budget – tranfer spending from from Xero into the budget
- Write payment advice notes
- Check expenses
- Connecting stripe to Xero for the booking system
- Setting new staff up on Xero
- Covering the CHEESE Business Manager when on holiday / sick
- Organising food etc for events
- Document organisation
- Assisting with big events
- Additional responsibilities may be added according to the instructions of the Lead Franchise
- Managing a complex and damanding workload
- First-class English language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numerical skills and ability to interpret financial information
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Self motivation and initative, ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and managerial skills
- Good organisational and time management skills, with experience in working to tight deadlines and budgets
- Willingness and ability to respond to additional workloads at short ntoice and manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Working knowledge of accounting standards and practices, VAT and HMRC regulations in England
- Experience of using timesheet software to track
- Allocation of staff time to different cost centres
- Ability to maintain and organise effective electronic and manual filing systems
- Skilled in the use of MS Office applications including Word, and Excel; use of TEAMs, Zoom, email and social media
- Ability to work from home with workspace, fast internet connection, computer, printer etc
- Ability to work on your own, organising your time so as to meet external and internal deadlines
- Able to multi-task and respond positively to competing workloads
- Experience in managing information and report writing
- Excellent communication skills, writen and spoken
- Knowledge and experience in using client focused databases
- An ability to work both in a team and on own initiative as appropriate
- Proven interest in sustainability and energy use
- Experience of not-for-profit third sector
- Experience with Xero accounting
- H&S IOSH Managing Safely
Legal right to work
Before applying for this post, you must have a legal right to work in the Uk.
The CHEESE Project welcome applications from the BAME, LGBT, minority and disabled communities. The apppointment will always, however, be made on merit and judged against the job description and person specification.
Microsoft Word – Appendix 2 – Advert Administrator Oct 2022
To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to Iris Partridge email@example.com. In your covering letter, you should detail your skills and abilities with reference to the job description. Please submit your application by Sunday, Nov 20th 2022, at 8pm.
Candidates will be shortlisted by close of play on Nov 23rd 2022. Interviews will take place on Monday, Dec 5thth, 2022.
If you’d like further information about the job, please also email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Iris Partridge on 07393 941 960.