Café and Catering Assistant in Future Leap’s Sustainable Café
Interview Date: ASAP
Start date: ASAP
Part time: 6 to 18 hours + holiday cover
Regular weekends are a must and you may be asked to work additional shifts for holiday cover
31 days annual leave pro rated for part time workers
About Future Leap
Future Leap was created to give organisations the space, knowledge, contacts and tools to accelerate their sustainability journey and progress towards net zero carbon. We do this by showcasing innovative solutions, facilitating future-thinking discussions and collaborating with one another. We aim to be the primary source of sustainability related services and information for both commercial and domestic clients in the South West and beyond.
Future Leap supports businesses and provides: Co-working and meeting spaces, Café and Retail, Business Network, Events program, Sustainability consultancy and Financial services.
Future Leap has opened two popular co-working spaces in Bristol. The Future Leap HQ is located on Gloucester Road and operates as an evening events venue, co-working space with a large shop front and a busy onsite café. Our café is committed to operating ethically and sustainably offering a variety of home-made food, freshly ground barista coffee accommodating a variety of dietary requirements.
About the role
The successful candidate will work in our busy café on Gloucester Road in all aspects of hospitality and catering service but primarily front of house. We are seeking an experienced hospitality professional who is committed to providing friendly and pro-active customer service and maintaining high quality standards. A warm welcome to our customers and community members is a must.
· To carry out all aspects of front of house café service, food hygiene, food preparation, and cooking; focusing on cooking quality in keeping with café ethos.
· To provide a friendly welcome and excellent customer service.
· To ensure work is carried out efficiently and a clean and hygienic café environment is maintained.
· To prepare and cook food orders, preparing hot food and drinks and other food offers according to specifications and recipes provided.
· To make suggestions and put forwards ideas which may increase income or/and profits for the café.
· Ensure allergens are handled carefully and that customer welfare is taken seriously. Be aware of food contents and ensure food is safe for individual customers.
· Future Leap is committed to socially and environmentally responsible operation and working towards net zero carbon emissions. Ensure the work you carry out is consistent with Future Leap’s sustainability approach including consideration towards ethical procurement, reducing waste and energy and carbon consumption.
· An experienced hospitality professional with a friendly and pro-active approach to customer service and team management.
· Friendly, hardworking, helpful
· Flexible and organised
· Positive problem solver attitude
· Confident when responsible for opening, closing and lone working
· Good knowledge of food hygiene and safety systems
Skills and Experience
· Previous hospitality and front of house experience is essential
· Desirable: Food hygiene Level 2 or above
· Desirable: First aid training
· An interest in sustainability would be advantageous, however an enthusiasm to learn is important.
Perks of the job:
· 31 days annual leave for full time workers pro-rated for part time workers
· Social events within our sustainability community each month.
· Discounted food from the café.
· Opportunities to attend our sustainability events program.
· Learning vast skills and knowledge within the Green Economy.
· Being part of a friendly and vibrant working environment