Energy and retrofit consultant
Application close date: 2nd June 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 5th June 2023
Start: ASAP after Interview and any notice periods
About Future Leap
Future Leap was created to give organisations the space, knowledge, contacts, and tools to accelerate their sustainability journey and progress towards net zero. We do this by showcasing innovative solutions, facilitating future-thinking discussions, and collaborating with one another. We aim to be the primary source of sustainability related services and information for commercial clients in the South-West and beyond.
Future leap offers a range of consultancy services, covering all areas of business-focussed sustainability. Future Leap can offer an end-to-end sustainability advisory service, leveraging access to knowledge-sharing through our network, technical advice, and support with the supply and install of low-carbon technology solutions offered via our extensive links with local supply chains. We are also able to offer impact-driven asset finance solutions to further remove barriers to progress.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and managing energy and technology assessment projects across multiple sectors. Reporting to the Head of Consultancy, this varied role will require working independently as well as collaborating with external delivery partners and other Future Leap departments.
Ideally, we are also looking for a candidate who has experience working in the public sector / local government as well as the private sector. Someone who is able to contribute to bids and tenders through an understanding of how to navigate the requirements of local government frameworks.
- Developing, delivering, and managing energy and retrofit assessments and consultancy projects.
- Contributing technical expertise to broader consultancy projects and advising on technical solution requirements.
- Undertaking scenario modelling and business case analysis of potential net-zero energy solutions (building fabric, renewables, technology, travel)
- Contributing to bids, tenders and proposals.
- Advising the retrofit and finance teams on opportunities to further support clients on their net-zero journeys
- Developing business and ensuring that customer relationships are managed to ensure maximum value for both the client and for Future Leap.
- Be a trusted point of contact for clients and manage follow-up care including repeat assessments and yearly progress reviews.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience of undertaking building energy assessments.
- Knowledge and experience of energy systems and technologies as they relate to the built environment.
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks and certifications such as PAS 2035, SECR, ESOS, BREEAM
- Knowledge and experience of carbon accounting and net-zero as it relates to business including carbon footprinting, offsetting and certification frameworks (GHG protocol, PAS 2060, SBTi)
- Experience of scenario modelling and business-case analysis of low-carbon technology interventions including Solar PV, ASHP, GSHP, MVHR, LED lighting and insulation.
- Demonstrable experience of project management including managing risk and resource and delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Highly numerate with an ability to analyse large datasets.
- Adept at writing reports and presenting complex information in an accessible and organised manner.
- Solid understanding of business operations.
- Commination abilities who can guide our clients and explain the benefits of strategic action on sustainability in clear and concise terms.
- Adept at forming and developing relationships with key stakeholders, notably clients, associate consultants / delivery partners, and other internal Future Leap departments.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates from all walks of life.
Future Leap is committed to socially and environmentally responsible operation and working towards net zero carbon emissions and is B Corp pending. Future Leap team members must ensure the work they carry out is consistent with Future Leap’s sustainability approach including consideration towards ethical procurement, reducing waste and energy and carbon consumption.
Future Leap is B Corp pending, and prides itself on offering a range of benefits designed to promote a positive working environment and healthy work-life balance. These include:
- Flexible and hybrid working patterns
- Improved annual leave allowance: 31 days FTE
- Living wage employer
- CPD allowance
- Wellbeing sessions
- Social and Networking events within our sustainability community
- Discounts at our café
37.5 hours p/w Monday-Friday (part-time and flexible work patterns will be considered)
£30k – £35k, dependent on experience
Application process: To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Fenna on firstname.lastname@example.org.