Business Development Manager
- 8 – 16 hours / week for 3-6 months (Potential for Part time / Full time role)
- 1 month pro-bono (Voluntary)
- Part time Role to be created
9Trees is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, set up by a group of people determined to make a positive impact on the environment. We help people plant nine trees a year to balance their carbon footprint. We bring together landowners and contractors to plant trees. We manage the sites for 50years to ensure their longevity through pre- and post-management. With over 40 combined years of experience in nature conservation, promoting native wildlife and sustainable woodland sites across the UK is at the core of our mission.
For biodiversity, for wellbeing and for rural jobs.
We are looking for a person to join our team for 3-6 months. as a grass roots organisation we would love for the first month to be on a pro-bono (Voluntary) basis, so you can learn about us and we can learn how to work together. This will support us as we enter our fourth full year as a company.
As ‘Development Manager’, you would need to be able to dedicate about five hours across a week to support with promotion, administration and communications.
We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated and able to work independently. Ideally you will have experience in conservation or woodland management, however a passion for fighting climate change is the most important thing! We are happy to think creatively about shaping this role to suit your unique combination of skills, experiences and network.
Our team is based in Bristol and Mid Wales. We would love to get to know you in person, however the majority of this role can be done remotely if you are based elsewhere.
Check out our website www.9trees.org and social media to learn more about us and our mission. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you can get started straight away!
In short we need someone to help us and then fully take on some if not all of the below;
- Take on New Businesses
- Check all Policies and Procedures
- Find people to fill roles which are vacant;
- Social Media / Bid Writer / Support Field Operations Manager / Support Rep Manager / Support Rep Coordinator
- Do the Day to Day – emails / meetings / Networking etc
- Take pressure off Directors and Office Manager
- Onboarding of new members
- Office Administrator – Certificates / Tree Allocation / Gifts
- Find Gaps / Pivot for 9Trees
Extending as the role grows to;
- Looking after Previous landowners and ensuring 50yr management plan
- Looking after Partnerships
- Engaging an Events coordinator