Sales Executive/Account Manager
Are you a target driven person with an interest in all things Bristol? Can you see yourself at the heart of local independent media? We are looking for the right individual to sell advertising across our print and digital platforms and help us grow our business. If you have sales / account management experience and want to work somewhere you can make a difference this could be the role for you.
Bristol24/7 is the biggest independent publication in the South West, with unrivalled coverage of local news, culture and entertainment. We are also a commuity interest company and were named one of the top 100 social enterprises in the country this year as part of the NatWest SE100. Our content is read by hundreds of thousands of people – an audience that’s growing all the time. Advertising and membership support our independent journalism and fund community projects that change lives.
Full and part time roles available
FT salary £24,000 – £25,000 basic salary plus generous, uncapped commission (OTE £34,000 p/a)
- 25-30 holiday days per year
- Additional days off between Christmas and New Year
- A paid four week sabbatical after five years employment
- A flexible, hybrid home and office based working week
- Great opportunities for career progression for the right candidate
- Opportunities to attend festivals, gigs and parties throughout the year
- A free membership so you can access our exclusive perks- including four free pints p/m!
- A fun and busy work environment and some good after-work nights out
- Bike to work scheme
We are looking for a media sales person to join our team. The job involves selling advertising across print and online platforms to new and existing clients by phone, email and face to face. The right candidate would be involved with all commercial aspects of the publication – arranging partnership and sponsorship packages, working out potential new revenue opportunities and developing commercially focused features and supplements. We are an open and collaborative organisation where all employees help shape the direction of the business and our projects.
You will need:
- Experience as a sales person
- To be a confident account manager and skilled at looking after customers
- To be able to identify leads, develop new business and close deals
- To be able to work independently and as part of the team
- To be passionate about Bristol24/7 and making a difference in Bristol
- Great time management, ability to multitask and a proactive nature
- An understanding of social media
We believe our work will be stronger with greater diversity and welcome applications from those who bring balance to our team. Bristol24/7 welcomes the whole person to work, and we understand that each of us brings our experiences, our backgrounds and our own unique lens to what we do.
If you are from a background that is not well represented in the media industry, we want to hear from you. This includes if you are:
- A person who experiences racism and/or
- A disabled person and/or
- A person who identifies as having a working class background and/or
- A person who was eligible for free school meals as a child
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday October 6th. We will be holding interviews the w/c October 9, and we plan to have someone in position by the end of October or early November.
We look forward to hearing from you!