Eco-shop and Community coordinator: Gloucester Road
Start: ASAP after Interview and any notice periods
This is a temporary role to provide support during our busy festive period. There is a potential for this to change into a more permanent position after Xmas for the right candidate.
Schedule: 3 days per week 22.5 hours including weekends.
Typical working week –
Until w/c 20th Nov – 2 weekdays + Saturday
From w/c 20th Nov until 23rd Dec – 1 weekday + Saturday and Sunday
Weekend availability is a requirement of this role.
About Future Leap
Future Leap was created to give organisations the space, knowledge, contacts and tools to accelerate their sustainability journey and progress towards net zero carbon. We do this by showcasing innovative solutions, facilitating future-thinking discussions and collaborating with one another. We aim to be the primary source of sustainability related services and information for both commercial and domestic clients in the South West and beyond.
Future Leap, a Bristol based organisation (Pending B-Corp approval) offers organisations a number of hands-on services to support their net zero journeys. Additionally, Future Leap runs one of the biggest sustainability business networks in the UK consisting of over 500 businesses who engage with each other through our online portal and weekly events programme on all areas of sustainability from the very deep green technologies to softer solutions. As well as offering award-winning carbon neutral co-working facilities in Bristol and a brand new media studio in Clifton.
About the role
The successful candidate will work in a varied role focussed on hosting and front of house duties offering excellent customer service to hub visitors and hosting our vibrant co-working community. You will also be assisting clients using the Future Leap co-working space and meeting rooms including making bookings and preparing the event space. In addition to supporting the co-working community, you will be supporting the hub manager with retail management, procurement, creating attractive displays and organising our regular pop-up markets.
Our retail pop-up markets are monthly throughout the year and then every Saturday and Sunday from the 25th Nov.
During the 6 weeks before Christmas you will be expected to work every Saturday and Sunday.
Tasks will include providing a warm welcome, giving tours of the space, answering enquiries relating to our services, following up with previous enquiries, assisting our community, onboarding new members and invoice administration via our CRM. Assisting with retail organisation and sales. On weekend days you will be the main hub contact on site and will need to follow open and close and health and safety procedures. Our front of house team works flexibly across the two locations but the primary co-working space for this role will be at Future Leap Gloucester Road.
CRM training will provided. The successful candidate will provide positive and proactive customer service. Future Leap is close-knit team who are passionate about sustainability.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates from all walks of life.
Reception and general responsibilities:
- Provide positive and proactive customer service at all times, welcoming members and supporting with a range of enquiries.
- Ensure that co-workings and meeting space guests are provided with appropriate support and facilities are ready for use.
- Prepare the co-working and event space facilities in the morning and closing down at the end of the day.
- Host events: ensuring guests have access to appropriate facilities and catering orders are arranged.
- Answer various enquiries by email and telephone including providing quotations for bookings.
- Generate leads through up-selling by providing detailed information about Future Leap products, suggest alternative and additional options to customers.
- Ensure that any serious, special or pertinent complaints, customer feedback or compliments you receive are conveyed to Managers immediately.
- Contribute promotional ideas for marketing Future Leap products and services.
- Administering the CRM system: including ensuring customer accounts and contracts are correctly maintained, timely invoices are issued and reports are accurate.
- Future Leap is committed to socially and environmentally responsible operation and working towards net zero carbon emissions. Ensure the work you carry out is consistent with Future Leap’s sustainability approach including consideration towards ethical procurement, reducing waste, energy and carbon consumption.
Retail specific responsibilities:
- Support with the development of the retail space; sourcing, displaying, marketing and promoting the products and services.
- Liaise with suppliers and ensuring the appropriate administration of stock including stock takes and ordering of retail products within the agreed budget.
- Liase with pop-up market stall holders and coordinate bookings.
- Ensure retail sales are accurately recorded in the till.
- Able to offer friendly, proactive, professional customer service
- Approachable, dynamic, customer-service motivated
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone manner
Skills and Experience
- Previous hospitality or front of house experience is preferred
- The role is varied and therefore candidate will need to be adaptable, organised and detail oriented.
- Similar account management, sales and customer service relations experience
- Essential: Experience with customer databases and booking systems
- Experience using Microsoft and excel
- Comfortable managing budgets
- An interest in sustainability would be advantageous, however an enthusiasm to learn is important.
Future Leap is committed to socially and environmentally responsible operation and working towards net zero carbon emissions and is B Corp pending. Future Leap team members must ensure the work they carry out is consistent with Future Leap’s sustainability approach including consideration towards ethical procurement, reducing waste and energy and carbon consumption.
Future Leap is B Corp pending, and prides itself on offering a range of benefits designed to promote a positive working environment and healthy work-life balance. These include:
- Flexible working patterns
- Improved annual leave allowance: 31 days FTE
- Living wage employer
- CPD allowance
- Wellbeing sessions
- Social and Networking events within our sustainability community
- Discounts at our café
Job Types: Part-time, Temp to perm
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Salary: £10.90 per hour
Expected hours: No less than 22.5 per week
Application process: To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Deepika at firstname.lastname@example.org.