Events and Marketing Coordinator
Start: 8th January 2024
About the role
Future Leap was created to give organisations the space, knowledge, contacts and tools to accelerate their sustainability journey and progress towards net zero. We do this by showcasing innovative solutions, facilitating future-thinking discussions and collaborating with one another. We aim to be the primary source of sustainability related services and information for both commercial and domestic clients in the South West and beyond.
Future Leap supports businesses and has a diverse service offering including: Co-working and meeting spaces, Café and Retail, Business Network, Events programme, Sustainability consultancy and Financial services.
Future Leap offers a rounded suit of services aimed at a business audience to help organisations reduce their climate impact by providing advice and guidance across all areas of environmental and social sustainability. Future Leap Finance provide customers with financing options to support sustainable business activities.
Future Leap organises regular sustainability and business focussed events aimed at knowledge sharing and networking; including the annual Festival of Sustainable Business event series and other external sustainability-focused events.
The 2024 Festival will build on the successes of the previous 3 years Festival programmes which saw involvement of 1,500 people annually.
- March 2024 – All Day Hybrid Conference
- June 2024 – All Day Exhibition
- November 2024 – Future Leap Sustainable Business Awards Ceremony (2024 TBC)
About the role
The successful candidate will work within the events and marketing teams, with the majority of their time spent in the events department. Working closely with and supported by the Events Manager and helping to coordinate all aspects of events management and marketing. Working closely with the Marketing Manager on a variety of marketing activities relating to all aspects of the business including the network, co-working and events activities.
This role requires leading in running small live events without the Events Manager, so some experience with event management and time-sensitive projects alongside a proactive attitude is desired.
It is important the candidate understands the businesses’ other services and intentions, so the events can best maximise on sales opportunities for the rest of the business. Contributing to sales opportunities for the rest of the company is an important part of this role, especially post events when brand activation is at its highest.
Future Leap staff enjoy a flexible working culture, however it is essential that the candidate is fully available in the lead up to and during the festival event and bespoke event dates.
Event planning and organisation duties:
- Taking a leading role in organising a variety of Future Leap’s events
- Running online events and hybrid events alongside a technician
- Participate in sales outreach for sponsorships, event ticket sales and exhibition spaces
- Event planning: supporting with booking and managing venues, catering, speakers and other event elements.
- Gather, organise and disseminate event data coordinating with stakeholders.
- Working within budgets, organising quotes and liaising with suppliers and delivery partners
- Professionally liaise with speakers and event partners in a positive and proactive manner at all times, including venue providers, sponsors, exhibitors, speakers and guests.
- Physical requirement at events: to prepare venue spaces including moving furniture such as chairs or equipment and being on your feet for up 6 hours at a time
- Event hosting: ensure a high quality experience for Future Leap event attendees including appropriately prepared facilities and catering.
- Create event listings with accurate content, cross checking guest lists and signing in visitors
- Ensure public facing activities, events or published content reflects the ethics of the Future Leap brand
- Ensure activities are promote and protect the health, safety and wellbeing of all participants including staff and guests
Marketing and general duties
- Speak to clients and customers by email and telephone including the promotion of Future Leap services
- Creating and uploading marketing content: high quality visual and written content for flyers, posters, website pages, social media content; newsletters, outreach emails and online marketing
- Promoting, upselling and making appropriate recommendations of Future Leap services and event opportunities
- Contribute promotional ideas for marketing Future Leap products and services.
- Administration of the CRM system: including ensuring customer accounts and contracts are correctly maintained, timely invoices are issued and reports are accurate.
- Process customer and business sensitive data in accordance with GDPR
- Attend sustainability and business focused events when required, at our offices and on location around the region.
Skills and Experience
- Similar event organisation experience
- Live lead coordination of regular small events
- Proactive attitude and customer service approach
- Understanding of zoom features
- Ability to manage time effectively with competition priorities
- Similar marketing and design experience
- Experience with spreadsheets or CRM systems and communications platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone manner
We welcome applications from diverse candidates from all walks of life.
Future Leap is committed to socially and environmentally responsible operation and working towards net zero carbon emissions and is B Corp pending. Future Leap team members must ensure the work they carry out is consistent with Future Leap’s sustainability approach including consideration towards ethical procurement, reducing waste and energy and carbon consumption.
Future Leap is B Corp pending, and prides itself on offering a range of benefits designed to promote a positive working environment and healthy work-life balance. These include:
- Flexible working patterns
- Improved annual leave allowance: 31 days FTE
- Living wage employer
- CPD allowance
- Wellbeing sessions
- Social and Networking events within our sustainability community
- Discounts at our café
Hours: full time hours split between the events (80%) and marketing (20%) departments
Package: 22,500 P/A salary and 31 days annual leave – pro rated
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Fenna on email@example.com.
Interviews will be held on 6th and 7th December, but other dates in early December are available if the applicant requires it.