Retail and Reception Coordinator Weekends
Every Saturday (required) with some evening or holiday cover depending on availability.
8 hour – 24 hours a week.
£10.90 p/h rising to £12 p/h in April
About Future Leap
Future Leap was created to give organisations the space, knowledge, contacts and tools to accelerate their sustainability journey and progress towards net zero carbon. We do this by showcasing innovative solutions, facilitating future-thinking discussions and collaborating with one another. We aim to be the primary source of sustainability related services and information for both commercial and domestic clients in the South West and beyond.
Future Leap, a Bristol based organisation (Pending B-Corp approval) offers organisations a number of hands-on services to support their net zero journeys. Additionally, Future Leap runs one of the biggest sustainability business networks in the UK consisting of over 500 businesses who engage with each other through our online portal and weekly events programme on all areas of sustainability from the very deep green technologies to softer solutions. As well as offering award-winning carbon neutral co-working facilities in Bristol and a brand new media studio in Clifton.
About the role
The successful candidate will work in a varied role focused on hosting and front of house duties offering excellent customer service to hub visitors and hosting events in our large event space. You will also be assisting clients using the Future Leap co-working space and meeting rooms including making bookings and preparing the event space. In addition to supporting the co-working community, you will be supporting the hub manager with retail management, procurement, creating attractive displays and organising our regular pop-up markets and events.
You will be expected to work all Saturdays.
Reception and general responsibilities:
- Provide positive and proactive customer service. Welcoming members and supporting with a range of enquiries.
- Ensure that co-workings and meeting space guests are provided with appropriate support and facilities are ready for use.
- Prepare the co-working and event space facilities in the morning and closing at the end of the day.
- Host events: ensuring guests have access to appropriate facilities and catering orders are arranged.
- Answer various enquiries by email and telephone including providing quotations for bookings.
- Generate leads through up-selling by providing detailed information about Future Leap products, suggest alternative and additional options to customers.
- Ensure that any serious, special or pertinent complaints, customer feedback or compliments you receive are conveyed to Managers immediately.
- Contribute promotional ideas for marketing Future Leap products and services.
- Administering the CRM system: including ensuring customer accounts and contracts are correctly maintained, timely invoices are issued and reports are accurate.
Retail specific responsibilities:
- Support with the development of the retail space; sourcing, displaying, marketing and promoting the products and services.
- Liaise with pop-up market stall holders and coordinate bookings.
- Ensure retail sales are accurately recorded in the till.
- Complete stock takes and create visual displays
Skills and Experience
- Previous customer service, hospitality or front of house experience
- The role is varied and therefore candidate will need to be adaptable, organised and detail oriented.
- Similar account management, sales and customer service relations experience
- Essential: Experience with customer databases and booking systems
- Experience using Microsoft and excel
- Comfortable managing budgets
- An interest in sustainability would be advantageous, however an enthusiasm to learn is important.
We welcome applications from diverse candidates from all walks of life.
Future Leap is committed to socially and environmentally responsible operation and working towards net zero carbon emissions and is B Corp pending. Future Leap team members must ensure the work they carry out is consistent with Future Leap’s sustainability approach including consideration towards ethical procurement, reducing waste and energy and carbon consumption.
Future Leap is B Corp pending, and prides itself on offering a range of benefits designed to promote a positive working environment and healthy work-life balance.
- Flexible working patterns
- Improved annual leave allowance: 31 days FTE
- Living wage employer
- CPD allowance
- Wellbeing sessions
- Social and Networking events within our sustainability community
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Deepika on email@example.com.