Future Leap Announces Partnership with City Leap
The Future Leap team are delighted to share details of their partnership with Bristol City Leap.
Bristol City Leap is an innovative partnership between Bristol City Council and Ameresco which will accelerate green energy investment in Bristol and help towards decarbonising the whole city by 2030.
Bristol City Leap, will bring in over £1bn of investment to rapidly increase the scale and pace of investment in low carbon energy infrastructure such as wind energy, solar energy, low carbon heat networks as well as other energy efficiency measures and smart energy systems.
During the first five years of the twenty-year partnership, there will be an investment of at least £424m in a range of large infrastructure projects to reduce Bristol’s carbon footprint by 140,000 tonnes.
Future Leap gives organisations the space, knowledge, contacts and tools to accelerate their sustainability journey and progress towards net zero. The team has been working with Bristol City Leap colleagues for several years now, building a fantastic partnership. This collaboration is a great fit given their shared ambition towards accelerating the city’s transition to net zero.
The Partnership has included the following:
- Future Leap has been working with colleagues throughout the Bristol City Leap procurement process to keep its network of businesses updated on progress
- One of the ways in which they did this was to hold regular events about the city’s decarbonisation progress, inviting key players to speak and respond to any questions.
- Thus far, Future Leap has delivered 7 Bristol Decarbonisation events, attended by 526 of our community. These will continue to be delivered on a regular basis, ensuring all can contribute towards the city’s sustainable trajectory.
- Bristol City Leap has been a key supporter of Future Leap’s Festival of Sustainable Business, sponsoring important elements of the conference (Biodiversity seminar), the exhibition (the Just Transition Stage) and the awards dinner (Dinner Sponsor).
- Future Leap’s event management team organised yesterday’s Bristol City Leap launch, ensuring sustainability was at the heart of its facilitation. The launch was attended by 130 key stakeholders
- The Future Leap events team will also deliver a series of community roadshows throughout April and May to ensure inclusivity on the city’s decarbonisation pathway
- Future Leap and Bristol City Leap colleagues will continue to meet quarterly to help each other on their shared mission around accelerating decarbonisation and sustainable business practices.
James Sterling, Communications and Engagement Manager for Bristol City Leap said “Strong partnerships will be key to Bristol’s success in reaching carbon neutrality by 2030 and it is clear that Bristol City Leap and Future Leap are fully aligned (not just in name!) in our shared dedication to building inclusive, green growth. Organisations like Future Leap have an important role to play in creating networks of likeminded organisations that can drive decarbonisation forward, but also in sharing news and success stories that inspire us all to take action on the climate.”
Katherine Piper, Future Leap’s Director of Partnerships and Sustainability commented “We are delighted to partner with Bristol City Leap, working together to ensure that our community of organisations are fully involved in the changes we will see as a city. It is important to us that all organisations can play a part in this green transition and we look forward to continuing to support our business community.”
If you would like to know more about the Bristol City Leap Roadshows or The Festival of Sustainable Business, please email firstname.lastname@example.org